Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jen's Crash Course on Hope

“Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.” ~ Vaclav Havel

Kerry and I have dealt with repeated loss for years. After numerous miscarriages, we are finally pregnant again. This, of course, does not come without a lot of work, a bit of pain and a lot of hope. Everyone knows that you're supposed to wait until after the first trimester to make The Announcement, and we did do that the past few times, but this time is different for me. I have learned that instead of being too cautious, it is ok to be hopeful. And it's so much easier to keep hope from diminishing with a lot of support from family and friends.

Being hopeful does not mean that I feel like this will result in the outcome that I desire, but having peace with the knowledge that regardless of the outcome everything will be ok. If it doesn't work out, then it is not meant to work out. How can you remain angry or bitter over something that was never meant to be?
And if it does work out the way Kerry and I hope it will, we will have the greatest gift anyone can hope to receive.

And, so, I patiently await my next appointment, hoping that my doctor continues to tell me all is well. I'm also on medication to prevent blood clots, which has been the primary problem in the past. And I just feel GOOD. For me, all of these things have the potential to make for a very different outcome.

This is probably the shortest blog I've ever written. I will make updates as they come. Until then, I'm just happy and will remain very hopeful.

1 comment: