Friday, June 17, 2011

Jen's Crash Course on Being Yourself

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." ~ e.e. cummings

I'm a straight woman, but believe gay marriage should be legal. I believe that my God loves ALL his children. I believe that life is precious, and should not be wasted, and I believe in my Constitutional rights. I believe that people should be more concerned with HUMAN RIGHTS than in condemnation. I believe that as long as a person isn't harming another being, that he or she should be able to worship their God or deity as they see fit.

Because of a LOT of discussions I've had lately, I really wanted to write a blog about how it's OK to be yourself. Whatever your age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or political affiliation, each human being is indeed an INDIVIDUAL and no other human being has a right to determine that one religion is better than another, that one political party is right and the other wrong, that a person is wrong for who he or she may love. During my research for this blog, I came upon a pamphlet by Reverand Mel White, and her words could not parallel my sentiments and feelings more. I've included the link on this post.

I may not have the most popular of opinions, but they are mine. And I'm as good as everyone, but no better than anyone. I think a lot of people would do well to remember that about themselves as well. And I know, whether it's popular or not, it's ok to just be me.

http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-gay-christian

No comments:

Post a Comment